Gates of Fire

/
0 Comments
Just finished reading this book, Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield. This was suggested to me by my husband who typically gives me history and war books that I sometimes have difficulty following (I'm more interested in lifestyle and relationships than complex battle plans). But, I was totally surprised by this recommendation, in a good way.

The story is told from the point of view of Xeones, a Spartan helot, and leads up to the battle of Thermopylae. It took a few days to get into but by the end I was glued to the book and at one point I had 5 people hunched over an ancient map of the hot gates, examining the path of the Spartans.

To top it off, I timed this perfectly with my Netflix queue.. the movie 300 just arrived this weekend!


You may also like

No comments:

Photos

If there are any photos that I'm posting that you would like me to remove please contact me and I'll take them down.
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog